Smart phones along with other devices such as tablets are increasingly becoming popular and their ever-rising variety of models, prices and sizes is the beginning to define the new and exciting ways of how we communicate. People buy mobile phones and tablets instead of desktop computers. A dramatic shift has been observed in how many people access websites using their handheld mobile device. Surprisingly two billion people worldwide have a mobile device.
In this scenario it becomes obvious to choose Mobile Website as a better way of communication. The mobile web is a good space that is still in its infancy. If the current capabilities of mobile devices are just the signs of beginning, then you can easily imagine what will be the possibilities in next five years down the line.
Survey says fifty per cent of the local searches are being done via mobile phones. Therefore, to have your brand’s availability on the mobile web and to withstand in this competitive market shifting your internet website availability on mobile web becomes necessity. Knowing the fact that need and behavior of a mobile surfer differs greatly from an internet surfer it becomes relevant to focus on the important aspects while broadcasting via mobile web. The layout adaption to all mobile phone models, the content to be displayed on small screen, its’ presentation and much more require necessary actions to be taken.
- Short and Crisp: Your internet website can be considered as supermarket but your mobile website is just a short trip to your marketed products and services. The average mobile surf session is less than six minutes. Therefore, mobile website needs to be short and crisp with instant call of action.
- Value-able Content: The mobile surfer is seldom surfing around. Most of the time he simply visit for specific goal and to find piece of information or to have a look for his favorite brand. Hence, the mobile web site must present the content that is relevant for the surfer.
- Presentable: Show the right stuff in the right order. Content presentation itself should be mobile adapted. Important information must be structured with easy levels so that users have quick access to them. Hence, the content should be effectively placed on the mobile website.
- Design Less Say More: Jot down the three important reasons for visiting your mobile website and make them visible in the entry, without down-scrolling. Mobile users, always look for organized and easy accessible websites therefore, graphic designing along with interactive capability of website for mobile is the ultimate test for a designer.
- Avoid Scrolling Down: Mobile surf sessions are of shorter spans therefore distilled shorter texts with no side scrolling is a mandate for good mobile website.
- Specific Image: What works well on PC screen does not necessarily look good on a mobile screen. The clumsy and cluttered image pieces must be avoided. The motive of the image placed must be clearly understood by the visitor.
- Smart Phones Variety: Taking into account above mentioned aspects, mobile websites must also remain sync with variety of smart phones available in today’s technology booming market. Consumers readily look for new brands of smart phones and keep switching their mobile phone brands.